Health is a condition of mental, physical and social well being where infirmity and disease are absent. It is associated with people’s ability to cope with problems and their ability to survive the physical environment. Health is influenced by how one perceives his or her health. This also involves an evaluation of the current status of one’s health. The following are five ways to improve your health:
* Legally wed or not? You should make it a point to be legally wed even if you are not yet married. This has two effects – first is that you will be considered as married according to the law. Second is that you will be financially supported by your spouse in times of health emergencies.
* Exercise Regularly. In developed countries, an hour of physical exercise daily is recommended to maintain good physical well-being. This is because a sedentary lifestyle is an important factor that contributes to ill-health and even premature death.
* Develop good eating habits. You should develop a habit of regular meals, at regular time intervals. This will help in ensuring your nutritional requirements as well as maintain good physical well-being. In addition, it helps in maintaining mental health. A mentally healthy person can cope with problems and survive the physical challenges. Mental health helps maintain physical health.
* Maintain a good eating habit. In developed countries, an hour of moderate physical activity every day is recommended for maintaining good health. This is because in developed countries, sedentary lifestyle is still a major factor that contributes to ill-health and even premature death. To maintain good health, a healthy diet is a must.
* Practice stress management. Stress is one of the major factors that contribute to physical ill-health and also to the development of mental illnesses such as anxiety, depression and psychotic disorders. It is therefore advisable that a person who suffers from any kind of mental disorder, should consider practicing stress management techniques. These techniques may include, meditation, yoga, physical exercises and other relaxation techniques.
* Get regular sleep. According to recent studies, getting seven to eight hours of sleep every night is very essential to maintain good health. A lack of sleep leads to fatigue and may also result in mental illness and other diseases. Therefore, a person who lacks sleep should take time to get proper rest to recover and maintain mental health.
* Maintain a good communication with the patient. All health care services professionals must be equipped with basic health literacy that helps them provide appropriate information to their patients. The health literacy may involve providing patients a brief booklet about mental disorders, physical ailments and general health. The brochure may also help in identifying specific problems and treatments available in the market.
* Develop effective communication. Effective communication is needed between health care professionals and their patients. An effective communication can build trust and builds the relationship between them. Health literacy may also lead to a high quality of care, which increases quality of life and prevents health problems from developing. Patients need to understand that they have the right to make demands for better health care services.